If you’re blogging and trying to accomplish an online objective it’s useful to look at some of the common elements of pro bloggers that are apparent in making a successful blog. Here is a short list of key elements:
1. Write a lot – be prolific.
2. Be concise – get to the point and use short posts. Seth Godin is great for this.
3. Analyze – track and analyze your blog stats to find out from whence your readers are coming.
4. Keep learning – in blogging as in marketing, things are always changing so keep exploring and moving forward.
5. Be focused and consistent – have an objective for your blog and set a schedule for your post. (1,2/week etc.)
6. Plan – Think about where you are now and where you want to go. Write it down. It will change, but that is good.
7. Intention – set up your intentions for the blog, then sculpt, reshape, develop..it’s a journey and part of the fun.
8. Initiative and discipline – you’re the champion of your blog. It’s up to you to keep the energy alive.
Well I may have taken the concise part a bit too literally, so if you have an thoughts on this, please expand on these points or add your perspective.