If you have an online business then you want to make sure that you get as much traffic to your website as possible. If not, you won’t get customers in large enough numbers to make your business thrive. So, how can you get more traffic to your website? Part of that answer is to start a link building program.
Preparing For the Link Building Process
- When you get ready to put together a link building program for your business website, there are some important considerations.
- You must make sure that there is nothing in the structure of your websites that stops the search engine spiders and robots from reading its content.
- Make sure your pages are targeted to current trends that people want to read about.
- Research your competition. It is very imperative to know what you need to do better and sell more products than other similar companies. Compare the contents of their websites with what is on yours such as the topics, number of pages, verbiage, etc.
- Be sure to monitor how fast the growth of links to those competitors is going to see if they are moving ahead of you or not. Plus, just because a website is linked to your competitor doesn’t mean you can’t also link to it as well.
Growing Your Links
Don’t try to speed into building links to your website. You don’t want to have a whole bunch of links that aren’t ones that promote your business properly. If you get between 40-60 new links a month, this is a very good start.
How to Get Links
So, now you understand that links are important. But, how does a site get links?
First, some good ways to get the resources you need to learn about link creating is to read posts on SEO forums. Here is an example of an SEO forum that give advice on links and other info you need to help your website get traffic. This can help you to find ideas on forming and getting links to your site from other places.
The best kinds of links are those you can get for free, since your business is in the market for making money. Some ways to get free links are:
Get your writers busy and submit some questions or answers on Yahoo Answers that link back to your site. They can also write stories for sites like GoArticles with information about your products and links back to your website. There are other free places you can upload stories as well including EZines, or Digg.
You can also create a page for your company on Wikepedia and add links to your site.
Find a forum such as http://forums.seo.com/ or http://forums.seochat.com/. Most of these will let you post comments and also add a link to your site.
These and similar tasks will help to get you started off on the right foot to building links to your website. You want to also inspire others to include your site link in their stories, blog posts or forum postings. You do this by doing things like creating a list of subject matter experts. If you make them happy, they may post something about your site onto theirs and that too helps you build up your links.
Other things you can do is buy traffic with a pay per click website deal, use things like social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc), or try linking to directories or meme trackers such as DMOZ or you can start a blog and if you put your site on Del.icio.us popular list it can attract bloggers to you.
All in all there are many ways to get links to your site, just try a few to get started and soon you will be getting more traffic to your site.
If you have resources that you find helpful lets know and we may publish them here. The follow up article to this resource will be on setting up a link building template to organize your link process.